6.1. Power supply system
General information and security measures
Are a part of a power supply system: the fuel tank installed in a back part of the car with a coal adsorber of fuel evaporations, fuel-supply lines, the electric fuel pump, and also the electronic system of the distributed consecutive injection operated by the control unit.
Style of driving of the car has significant effect on fuel consumption. Several councils for gasoline economy are given below.
- After start of the engine at once start even if it occurs on a frost;
- At a car stop longer 40 with, switch off the engine;
- Move always on the highest transfer;
- At the movement on long distances whenever possible support uniform speed. Avoid the movement at high speeds. Without need you do not brake;
- You do not transport excessive freight on the car;
- Check air pressure in tires. Do not allow excessive pressure decrease.
Security measure and respect for purity during the work with fuel system
During the work with fuel system it is necessary to observe the following security measures and purity:
- Do not work with fuel system near naked flame, do not smoke at the same time and do not turn on any heating devices! You keep in readiness the fire extinguisher;
- Before work with fuel system always disconnect a negative wire from the battery in order to avoid emergence of sparks. Previously it is necessary to consider codes of malfunctions (see the Head Sistemy of electric equipment of the engine);
- You monitor normal ventilation of a workplace, - fuel vapors are poisonous;
- Do not allow hit of gasoline on rubber and leather surfaces since at the same time they can be damaged;
- The fuel system is under pressure and at its opening fuel can escape, - use goggles. Collect the spilled fuel by rags;
- Hose connections fasten by means of tape or tightening collars. Tightening collars when dismantling should be replaced tape;
- Carefully clear connections and the places adjoining to them before opening;
- Stack the removed components on a pure lining and cover with polyethylene, paper or неворсящейся rags;
- Carefully close open nipple sockets, or cork them with suitable caps;
- Establish only pure details, - take replaceable components from packing just before installation. Do not use the details stored unpacked;
- Avoid use of compressed air at open fuel system, whenever possible try not to move the car;
- Do not apply the sealants containing silicone since the particles of silicone which got to the engine do not burn down and can be the reason of failure a lambda probes;
- Before removal of the fuel tank pump out from it fuel the pump which is specially provided for this purpose;
- Remember that even the empty fuel tank remains explosive;
- After installation of components of fuel system start the engine and check tightness of all connections.